Thursday, December 3, 2009

What an interesting concept Post Secret is!

This is the first time I have ever heard of Post Secret and I am happy to have been introduced to it. I think sharing your secrets with the world is a phenomenal idea. Usually secrets are only shared with people that you dearly trust and very close to, so the idea of putting your secrets out there for anyone to read, completely changes the bounds of secrecy.

It is an amazing feeling to be able to share a secret with someone. The anonymity of the blog creates a sense of freedom to share your deepest secrets which adds to it appeal. Post Secret is a "safe" way for secret keepers to share.

I very much enjoyed reading the secrets posted and I am intrigued enough to consider posting my own secret:)

4 comments:

  1. I would definitely recommend posting your own secret. I think that it's a really fun and cool idea to try. I am 110% for the idea of putting yourself out there just for the sake of doing it. If we only live once, why not push it to the fullest, right? What is there to lose? It's just a secret.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that being able to tell someone a secret that has really been bothering you is an awesome feeling. It sort of takes a weight off of your shoulders and for the people who have no one or don't want to share their secrets with anyone, this is the perfect opportunity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that it's an amazing feeling to be able to share these secrets and still feel safe. This site definitely changes the boundaries of what traditionally defines a secret. It almost takes the "fun" out of a secret but I think that for many, being able to share their secrets is incredibly freeing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was my first time too, and I also enjoyed it. I agree that it was a good idea and a safe was to share secrets.

    ReplyDelete